Annual General Meeting: April 11, 2015
Reserve the date on your calendar now for our 62nd Annual General Meeting, Saturday, April 11, 2015 at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel. Complete information packages are being sent by mail to all member home and school presidents today, and should arrive shortly: they contain the meeting program, registration information, and resolutions that you should discuss and vote on at your March home and school meeting. The same information is available online here.
At your March or early April local home and school meeting, please discuss and vote on each of the resolutions, and ensure that your delegates to the Annual General Meeting are aware of the results of the vote so that they can reflect your members' views. The resolutions are as follows:
- 2015-09 Activation of and Access to the Students Achieve System by Parents at the Elementary School Level
- 2015-08 Establish a Provincial School Lunch Program for All Island Children
- 2015-07 Enhancing School Board Communications with Local Home and School Organizations
- 2015-06 Prompt Establishment of Animals in Schools Policy and Procedures
- 2015-05 Enrichment Programs
- 2015-04 Request for Offsite Alternate Education Classes
- 2015-03 Safe Student Transportation with Related Communication Strategies
- 2015-02 Storm Closures
- 2015-01 Student Character Development Programs
The PEI Home and School Federation is the umbrella organization of local “home and school” and “parent council” organizations in 53 schools across Prince Edward Island.
We are the voice of parents and guardians in the education system, and we exist to promote the total well-being of children and the highest standards of education for each child in the province.
We work in partnership with other organizations who foster this ideal and assist in the development of policies related particularly to quality education for each child.
We work primarily by offering support to, and coordination between, our local members and believe that the participation of parents and guardians in the education of our children is vital.
Shirley S. Jay
PO Box 1012
40 Enman Crescent
Fax (902) 620-3187
Parents, guardians, teachers, administrators and staff are encouraged to contact the local home and school president for more information about activities in their schools.
The federation board has a regional director for each of the families of schools in the English Language School Board who can provide more information about the association and can assist with school-to-school communication and projects.