The PEI Home and School Federation Extra Mile Award commenced in the 2004 - 2005 school year. This award recognizes teachers and/or staff personnel, who exemplify going the extra mile - over and above the call of duty. Two recipients will be announced and a presentation made at their respective schools during Teacher / Staff Appreciation Week.
- There shall be two “Extra Mile Awards” presented annually, one in the Eastern region schools and a second in the Western region schools of Prince Edward Island.
- The selection committee shall consist of at least three members of the PEIHSF Board and Home and School Association representatives, where necessary.
- Nomination forms will be sent to the PEIHSF office.
- Nominations are to be submitted by a local Home and School Association or an individual member. Supporting letters are welcomed from school administrators and students.
Describe in a maximum of three pages, the nominee’s contribution in the following areas:
- Details of volunteer service to Island students and/or youth
- Demonstrated caring attitude towards Island students and youth
- Evidence of going the extra mile in assisting a student(s) achieve academically, socially or in other areas of school life
- Demonstrated ability to motivate young adults.
- Evidence that time given bettered the life of these young Islanders.
Support letters from parents, teachers, other school staff and students will also be accepted.
Extra Mile Award Nominations Deadline: January 15, 2016
If you have any questions please contact us for more information.
Kate MacSwain, Souris Regional
Barbie MacQuarrie, Spring Park Elementary
Judy DesRoches, Miscouche Consolidated
Alanna Gauthier, Central Queens Elementary
Lynn Sherren, Souris Consolidated
Nicole Haire, Three Oaks Senior High
Garth MacKay, Queen Elizabeth Elementary
Terry MacIsaac, Prince Street Elementary
Fran Albrecht, Somerset Elementary
Karen Mullally, Souris Consolidated
Kevin Stewart, Kinkora Regional
Doug Aitken, West Royalty Elementary
Anne Farrell-Gaudet, Parkside Elementary
Susan Keizer, Tracadie Cross Consolidated
Bonnie Rogerson, Kinkora High
Sylvia Henderson, Stonepark Intermediate
Veronique Bouchard, Westisle High
Mike Lloyd, Charlottetown Rural High
|2006||Charlotte Bradley, St. Teresa's Consolidated
Awarded: June 26, 2006
Lois Adams, West Kent Elementary
Gerry McQuaid, Miscouche Consolidated