The 63rd Semi-Annual meeting of the PEI Home and School Federation is scheduled for Tuesday, October 25, 2016 from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. at Gulf Shore Consolidated School, 185 Hilltop Avenue, North Rustico, PE. Registration begins at 5:30 p.m.
Lunch is included: experience a fantastic, affordable, healthy school lunch conceived by Island chefs.
Delegates will have an opportunity to meet:
- TONY GERACI, Cafeteria Man - Anthony (Tony) Geraci is a chef and Food Service Consultant. He is the former Director of Food and Nutrition for Con-Val School District, Baltimore City Public Schools, Memphis City and Shelby County Public Schools. During his time in Baltimore, Tony worked with local food service directors to transform the way school breakfast and lunch programs were sourced, prepared and delivered. The film “Cafeteria Man” is the story of Tony’s quest to bring healthy, nutritious food to thousands of school children.
- SUSAN ROBERTS, Asset Based Community Development - Susan Roberts is a Prince Edward Islander by birth. She has a Master of Education and is a Registered Dietitian. Over the last 15 years, Susan has focused her energy on asset-based community development, building sustainable food systems and advocating for food sovereignty in Canada and Alberta.
- TAMMY HUBLEY-LITTLE, Director, Leadership and Learning - Tammy Hubley-Little comes from the former English Language School Board where she was Director of Curriculum Delivery. She holds a BSc from UPEI, and a Master's of Education degree in Counselling and a Doctorate in Education from Durham University in England. Tammy's teaching experience extends from Norway to England and back to Prince Edward Island. She has been a sessional lecturer at UPEI in the areas of Literacy and Assessment. Tammy is now the Director of Leadership and Learning in the Department of Education, Early Learning and Culture.
This meeting is open to all Home and School members.
All participants must register with the Federation office by October 18, 2016.
The $10 registration covers food and meeting material costs for this meeting. Presidents/Co-Chairs are asked to extend an invitation to everyone in your school. Each Home and School can send five voting delegates, but there’s no limit to the number of additional parents, guardians, teachers, administrators and staff who can attend.
5:30 p.m. – Registration
6:00 p.m. – Business Session
- Treasurer’s Report
- President’s Report
- New Business
- Adjourn business session
6:30 – Keynote Speaker and Supper
- Prince Edward Island chefs will serve their conception of an affordable, healthy, locally-source school lunch.
- Tony Geraci, “Cafeteria Man” will speak about school food.
7:30 – Workshops
- Susan Roberts, Chair, Alberta Food Matters
- Tammy Hubley-Little, Director of Leadership and Learning, Education, Early Learning and Culture
8:30 – Adjournment
Posted by admin on Sunday, October 9, 2016.