Every spring at the Annual General Meeting delegates consider resolutions proposed by local home and school associations and by the provincial board. Resolutions that are passed are forwarded to designated bodies (the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, the English Language School Board, etc.) for response, and responses are presented to the members at the Semi-Annual Meeting the following autumn.
Local home and school associations are encouraged to refer to our guide to writing and presenting resolutions and to the slides from the Leadership Training Workshop session on resolutions for guidance.
Annual Meeting of April 11, 2015
- 2015-09 Activation of and Access to the Students Achieve System by Parents at the Elementary School Level (Passed)
- 2015-08 Establish a Provincial School Lunch Program for All Island Children (Passed)
- 2015-07 Enhancing School Board Communications with Local Home and School Organizations (Passed)
- 2015-06 Prompt Establishment of Animals in Schools Policy and Procedures (Passed)
- 2015-05 Enrichment Programs (Passed)
- 2015-04 Request for Offsite Alternate Education Classes (Passed)
- 2015-03 Safe Student Transportation with Related Communication Strategies (Passed)
- 2015-02 Storm Closures (Passed)
- 2015-01 Student Character Development Programs (Passed)