Local home and school associations can submit registrations for members attending the October 8, 2019 Semi-Annual Meeting using this form.
EVENT: PEI Home and School Federation Semi-Annual & “Best Meeting” Conversation
WHEN: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 6:00 - 8.00 PM
PLACE: Gulf Shore Consolidated School, 185 Hilltop Drive, North Rustico, PEI
WHO can attend: Home & School community – parents, students, care givers, teachers, administrators
REGISTRATION FEE: There is no fee; please bring a food bank donation. Click here for online registration. by Friday, Oct. 4, 2019
902-620-3186 / 1-800-916-0664 / email@example.com
Refreshments will be catered locally by Green Isle Catering Co., North Rustico.
An opportunity to discuss our “Best” meetings, current issues and opportunities, share resources and ideas, and build connections within the school community on P.E.I. Federation board members will lead conversations on the following topics:
1. Sharing of ideas through ‘Live Story”– Dionne and Co-Chair Ellerslie
2. Conducting a Meeting: Cory and Allie
3. How to Resolution/Policy Action: Heather and Shirley
4. Celebrating Everyone/Networking: Haley and Erin
Vaping products have now surpassed tobacco as the most commonly used nicotine-containing product by Canadian and PEI youth. As the rates of e-cigarette use by youth on PEI continues to rise, it is important for adults (e.g. parents, teachers, school staff, family members etc.) to educate themselves about what e-cigarettes are, heath harms associated with using them, what is being done to address youth use, and where to access more information. Sterling Carruthers, Health Schools Specialist and Melissa Munro-Bernard, Health and Wellness will present current information on this topic.
- Parking for the venue is located in the school parking lot.
- Plan to arrive at 5.45 p.m. and pick up a healthy food plate and meet and greet other people
from other school communities.
- Bring your business or contact cards for networking with Home and School volunteers and
partners in education during and following the session.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Cory Thomas, President
P.E.I. Home and School Federation