Home and School News, March 2020
REMINDER: President's 2019-2020 Annual Reports are due March 1st. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
67th Annual Meeting & Convention Healthy Bodies = Healthy Minds
You are invited to attend the AGM on Saturday, April 18, 2020 at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel! Every Home and School community is encouraged to appoint voting delegates to represent their school. Who can attend? – Parents, educators and students are all welcome! The AGM Registration package was mailed February 20th to Home and School Presidents/Co-Chair and is available online at: https://peihsf.ca/agm Delegates are asked to register by: Friday, April 3, 2020.
Proposed 2020 Resolutions
Presidents/Co-Chairs are asked to discuss proposed 2020 resolutions with Home and School members. Bring to your February or March Home & School meeting. Discuss and vote on each one. Select your voting delegates and pass the resolution voting results on to those individuals so they will vote on behalf of your local Home and School at the AGM on April 18, 2020. You will find 2020 Proposed Resolutions online at: https://peihsf.ca/agm
Call for PEIHSF Board of Directors Nominations
The P.E.I. Home and School Federation is the umbrella organization of Home and Schools across P.E.I., and is overseen by a volunteer board elected by delegates from member Home and Schools. Every year at the annual meeting elections are held for vacant positions on the board, and members are encouraged to nominate candidates who, in your opinion, have the necessary qualifications to do the work of the provincial Federation. Access nomination form online at: https://peihsf.ca/agm Submit nominations by March 1, 2020.
Volunteer of the Year / Life Membership Awards
Each year at the Annual Meeting & Convention, Home and School volunteers are recognized for their volunteer efforts in their association and at their local school. Home and School Home and Schools may submit nominations for these awards by the deadline: March 13, 2020. Access nomination forms online at: https://peihsf.ca/agm
Other community news:
- PEI Public Library Service is happy to talk with parents about services offered by public libraries, ways families can help encourage a love of reading, or other literacy-related topics. Contact: Roseanne Gauthier, Youth Services Librarian email@example.com ~ 902-368-4649
- Education 2020’s 2020 Numeracy Award $2,500 = Nominate Island educators who introduce new instructional approaches. Proposals due Feb. 28 at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for Children's Library Programs, Confederation Centre Public Library at 902-368-4644: For ages 5-12 ~~Reading Buddies, Homework Club, Brilliant Labs, Celebrate Black History Month, Carnival Mask & Dance Workshop
- Environmental Health offering FREE Food Safety Training to Service Clubs and Non-Profits. Dates: April 28, 29, May 5, 7. To register: 902-368-4970 or email@example.com
- Kids Code Jeunesse (KCJ) is a not-for-profit organization that teaches kids coding skills, computational thinking, and digital literacy. KCJ also offers free coding clubs, where kids can learn Scratch and micro-bits while using problem solving and collaboration skills.
Contact Becca at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.