President/Co-Chair’s Annual Reports are due on Friday, March 1, 2019
1. Prince Edward Island Home and School Federation’s
66th Annual Meeting & Convention “Stop. Collaborate & Listen”
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Rodd Charlottetown hotel, 75 Kent Street Charlottetown, PEI
Every school is encouraged to send representatives! Parent, educators and students are welcome! The registration package has been post-mailed to Home and School Presidents and is available online at: https://peihsf.ca/agm One registered delegate will win a one night’s stay on Friday, April 12/19 at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel. Register your school’s delegates by Friday, March 29, 2019.
2. Proposed 2019 Resolutions…..
Local Home and Schools are asked to review the proposed resolutions at a local association meeting, vote on each one and pass the voting results on to your voting delegates so they will vote on behalf of their local Home and School at the AGM, April 13. Resolutions were mailed to presidents and are posted online at: https://peihsf.ca/agm/resolutions
3. Announcing: Steve McQuaid Volunteer of the Year and Life Membership Awards
Each year at the Annual Meeting & Convention, Home and School volunteers are recognized for their volunteer efforts in their association and at their local school. Home and School Home and Schools may submit nominations for these awards by the deadline: March 15, 2019.
Find criteria attached and online at: https://peihsf.ca/content/awards
4. Does your Grade 4-8 student need extra help in math?
A UPEI research project is offering a free, eight-week after-school program. Find out how to register your child at: http://www.upei.ca/communications/news/2019/02/does-your-grade-4-8-student-need-extra-help-math
UPEI is a public liberal arts and science university committed to encouraging and fostering critical, creative, and independent thinking and research. www.upei.ca
Other community news:
* Great Big Crunch, March 28, 2019 marks the 12th Anniversary of the Great Big Crunch.
Tignish Elementary School is participating again this year!
How the Great Big Crunch works:
- You register to munch with us before crunchday. You can sign up for yourself, your class, your school or your whole school board!
- We share fun curriculum linked class activities and recommend some fresh local produce for you to snack on.
- You get all your friends together and take a synchronized bite at 2:30 pm EST on March 28th, 2019. Don’t forget to share your crunch photos with us using #GreatBigCrunch.
- Get a Great Big Crunch Certificate (English/French) to proudly display on your wall..
Find out more at: https://foodshare.net/program/crunch/
* The West Prince Community Partnership Committee, Health PEI, Rural Action Centre, West Prince Chamber of Commerce, PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada, and RDÉE Î.-P.-É. Inc., wish to invite you to Here to Stay. Here to Stay is a West Prince community engagement event in support of the retention of new residents, specifically physicians, healthcare practitioners, and their families. Details include: Tuesday, 5 March 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Mill River Resort Road Bloomfield, PEI.
* Community Sector Network of PEI (CSN PEI) – a newly minted CSN PEI was officially launched on February 14th. For more info, go to the CSN PEI facebook page: facebook.com/CSNPEI/
* History Award for Excellence in Teaching – Canada's History Society is seeking
nominations for this award at: CanadasHistory.ca/GGAward | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.