MOTION: To approve the following revisions, deletions/additions, to the By-Laws of the PEI Home and School Federation.
ARTICLE III – PURPOSES AND OBJECTIVES
DELETE: (f) To affiliate with and promote the aims and objectives of the Canadian Home
and School Federation;
Background: In 2012, the Board of Directors of PEI Home and School Federation decided that the annual costs associated with membership in the Canadian Home and School Federation, combined with organizational challenges in the organization, did not warrant continued membership.
ARTICLE VI – DIRECTORS
(1) At the Annual Meeting of the Corporation, the voting delegates shall elect a Board of Directors
comprised of the Executive Committee and the ten Regional Directors as hereinafter provided for.
INSERT after Regional Directors: representing ten families of schools including Bluefield,
Charlottetown Rural, Colonel Gray, Kensington, Kinkora, Montague, Morell, Souris, Three Oaks, and
ARTICLE IX – DUTIES OF OFFICERS
(1) The President shall call meetings of the Executive Committee and shall when present preside at
all meetings of the Corporation. The President shall represent or ensure representation at the
National Federation Meetings and shall serve as the principle spokesperson or representative of
the Corporation in all organizational and administrative matters.
DELETE: represent or ensure representation at the National Federation Meetings and shall…
ARTICLE XI – LOCAL ASSOCIATION
(3) Any person subscribing to the purposes and objectives of the Corporation may join by becoming
a member of a Local Association. Every member who joins a Local Association which is a
member of the Corporation, shall automatically be a member of the Corporation and the
Canadian Home and School Federation.
DELETE: and the Canadian Home and School Federation
DELETE: (6) The Corporation shall pay an annual fee to the Canadian Home and School Federation
as set out by the Canadian Federation’s By-laws and Standing Rules.
ARTICLE XII – REGIONAL DIRECTORS
(1) The voting membership (i.e. the representatives from all Local Associations) at its Annual
Meeting shall elect two (2) persons from Local Associations from each of the four regions within
the Province of Prince Edward Island to sit on the Board of Directors.
DELETE: two (2) persons from Local Associations from each of the four regions
ADD: persons from Local Associations from each of the ten families of schools
(2) The Regional Directors shall hold office for two (2) years but elections shall be arranged so that one Director in each Region retires each year.
DELETE: one Director in each Region retires each year.
ADD: five Regional Directors or 50% of the board retire each year.
ARTICLE XIII – NOMINATING COMMITTEE
(1) The Board of Directors shall, at the earliest practical date each year and not later than six weeks before the Annual Meeting, appoint a Nominating Committee of three members. The Nominating Committee shall prepare a slate of nominee for the Regional Directors and Officers of the Corporation for election at the Annual Meeting. The immediate Past President will act as Chairperson of this committee.
ADD: “s” to nominee
ARTICLE XVIII – PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE
(1) Parliamentary procedure shall govern all points respecting the holding and conduct of meetings
of the Corporation not covered in these By-laws and the Canadian Home and School & Parent-
Teacher Federation By-Laws.
DELETE: and the Canadian Home and School & Parent-Teacher Federation By-Laws.
ARTICLE XXIV – DISSOLUTION AND WINDING UP
The net profit of the Corporation shall be expended in the operation of the corporation and in the event of a winding up or other dissolution of the Corporation, there shall not be any distribution of any kind among members, but the funds of the Corporation shall be applied to the Canadian Home and School Federation (or some one or more charitable organizations within the community serviced by the Corporation.
DELETE: Canadian Home and School Federation
ADD: Community Foundation of Prince Edward Island
Saturday, April 14, 2018
By-Law revisions are directed to the PEI Home and School Federation.
Friendly amendment: One regional director to represent each high school or one per high school vs. Families of Schools.