Every year the Minister of Education and Early Childhood Development, under the terms of the School Act, must release a Minister's Directive on the staffing and funding program for the upcoming school year.
- Under "Class Size Factor" there is the addition of a "Senior level (grades 10-12) – 1 position per 30 full-time equivalent students" that was not present before (there was no reference to a Senior level class size factor last year).
- "Funding for substitutes, relief, fixed term, casual employees and overtime pay will be $1783.36 per full-time equivalent employee." (This an increase from $1690.39)
- The Minister will provide each school board with a budget approval for maintenance – physical plant on the basis of $3.03 per square foot, with the square footage verified by the Minister. (This is an increase from $2.70)
- The budget approval for program materials will be $89.67 per student officially enrolled in a school board. A school board may establish different levels of funding for program materials and supplies among schools with elementary, intermediate, and senior high students and shall report this information to the Minister. (This is a decrease from $91.20; based on 2012 enrollment this is a total decrease of $31,221)
- The Minister will provide funds for renovations, repairs and equipment on the basis of $54.8 per student for each student for each student officially enrolled in a school board plus a base of $10,000 for each school board. (This is a decrease from $57.50; based on 2012 enrollement this is a total decrease of $55,096)
- The Minister will provide each school board with a budget approval for professional development on the basis of $46.63 per employee of the board. (This is an increase from $46.46)
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.