Local home and school associations can submit registrations
for members attending the Semi-Annual by Oct. 4/19……
EVENT: PEI Home and School Federation Semi-Annual & "Best Meeting" Conversation
WHEN: Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 6:00 – 8.00 PM
PLACE: Gulf Shore Consolidated School, 185 Hilltop Drive, North Rustico, PEI
WHO can attend: Home & School community – parents, students, care givers, teachers, administrators
REGISRATION: Register online or 1-800-916-0664 / 902-620-3186 / firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 4, 2019 .
FEE: There is no fee. Please bring a food bank donation.
An opportunity to discuss our “Best” meetings, current issues and opportunities, share resources and ideas, and build connections within the school community on P.E.I. Federation board members will lead conversations on the following topics:
1. Sharing of ideas through ‘Live Story”– Dionne and Erin
2. Conducting a Meeting: Cory and Allie
3. How to Resolution/Policy Action: Heather and Shirley
4. Celebrating Everyone/Networking: Haley and Erin
Vaping Information Presentation: Sterling Carruthers, Health Schools Specialist and Melissa Munro-Bernard, Chief Public Health Office will present current information concerning Vaping products which have now surpassed tobacco as the most commonly used nicotine-containing product by Canadian and PEI youth. As the rates of e-cigarette use by youth on PEI continues to rise, it is important for adults (e.g. parents, teachers, school staff, family members etc.) to educate themselves about what e-cigarettes are, heath harms associated with using them, what is being done to address youth use, and where to access more information.
Refreshments: Food will be catered locally by Green Isle Catering Co., North Rustico.
– Parking for the venue is located in the school parking lot.
– Plan to arrive at 5.45 p.m. and pick up a healthy food plate and meet and greet other people from other school communities.
– Bring your business cards for networking with Home & School volunteers and partners in education during and following the session.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.